We are a software company specializing in smart power system planning. Through our consulting and software offer, we empower utilities and local governments to plan investments enabling greener, more accessible and reliable energy.
WE FOCUS ON LONG-TERM PLANNING AND INVESTMENT DECISIONS
Capital expenditure planning requires different tools from those used by system operators. Our simulation solution empowers your company in making future-proof investments decision by supporting :
- Multi-year planning horizon
- Long-term load growth, energy, capacity and GHG cost scenarios
- Technology uptake scenarios by customers
- Energy cost and revenue calculation
WE ENABLE NETWORK PLANNING WITH DISTRIBUTED ENERGY RESOURCES
Planning distributed energy resources requires new models, simulation engines and access to relevant data. We offer turn-key simulation of smart technologies to facilitate:
- Solar impact evaluation (The Duck curve)
- Battery sizing for solar or peak reduction
- Smart electric vehicle and bus charging
- Smart appliances impact at the peak
- Solar/wind integration with diesel
WE ENSURE DISTRIBUTION PERFOMANCE
Distribution networks are the new energy playing field, and their architecture will likely evolve with the deployment of new technologies. While modernizing the grid, we make sure the lights stay on all the time. We validate :
- Local congestion
- Assets performance
- Power quality compliance
- Reliability improvement opportunities
David Beauvais, P.Eng.
- Smart Grid Canada award in 2010
- Canadian representative at the International Smart Grid Action Network from 2010 to 2014
David Beauvais is Chief executive officer of SG2B. He oversees the company operations and work as a senior consultant. In collaboration with his team he develops the next generation of power system planning tool and he also provides coaching to future industry leaders. David gives smart grid classes and seminars and works everyday to make the electricity greener, more accessible and reliable.
Jonathan Coulombe, Ph.D.
- Experience in the development of simulators and smart devices
- Expert in power system modelling and simulation
Jonathan Coulombe is the Chief technology officer at SG2B. He’s the architect behind NIMBEE, the first ERP dedicated to grid modernization. Jonathan oversees the software development toward the seamless integration of distributed energy resources with changing network topology, rates and markets conditions.
- Experience in high performance cloud-based infrastructures
- Expert in deployment and operations of software platforms
Julien is the Chief information officer at SG2B. He ensures the reliable development and operation of the NIMBEE software solution. Julien oversees the cloud-based infrastructure that ensures a performing and reliable enterprise planning solution with protected and secure access to data.